From time to time, our members ask for recommendations for recruiter training. Whether you’re a brand-new recruiter or someone with a lot of experience, investing in professional development is always a smart choice. Recruitment is changing so fast that it’s hard to keep up with the latest developments. And everyone can benefit from an occasional refresher course. If you’re looking for recruiter training, here are 15 solid options, in no particular order. DISCLAIMER: Some of these trainers have been paid speakers at NPAworldwide events or have ongoing sponsor relationships with us.
- Barb Bruno, Good As Gold Training – Barb offers a complete inventory of training options from newbies to firm owners on a wide array of topics. She is a regular speaker at many local, state, and national recruitment events.
- Scott Love, Great Recruiter Training – Scott has an engaging, motivational style backed up by a solid recruitment methodology. His Coaching Club includes weekly group coaching calls at a very reasonable price.
- Greg Doersching, Bullseye Mentor – Greg has spoken at several NPAworldwide events and our members appreciate his practical, hands-on advice. Greg actively runs a desk, and shares a ton of handouts, forms, and other recruiter training materials.
- Next Level Exchange – For a “one-stop shop” experience, it’s tough to beat Next Level Exchange. They offer a subscription-based training model including video library, email scripts and more from dozens of trainers (including some on this list). You can also sign up for a free two-week trial.
- Mike Ramer, Ramer Search Consultants – Mike’s training includes client development, recruitment, negotiation, and the art of the placement. He will also customize training for in-house programs.
- Neil Lebovits, The Dynamic Sale – Neil trains on lots of topics, but his LinkedIn Xtreme Mastery Workshops are well-rated and well-attended.
- Greg Savage – Greg is a “tell it like it is” kind of trainer from Australia who has founded (and sold) several recruitment companies over the course of his career. If you’re not sure where to start, I recommend subscribing to his blog, The Savage Truth.
- Johnny Campbell, Social Talent – Johnny and the team at Social Talent will teach you how to be a Sourcing Ninja – they specialize in showing you how to master internet recruiting including a variety of social channels.
- Patricia Conlin, Global Consulting Group – Patricia is a passionate speaker on the relationship between health, nutrition, and productivity and is a Certified Holistic Nutritionist as well as the owner of a recruitment firm in Ontario, Canada.
- Doug Beabout, The Douglas Howard Group – Doug has been a successful recruiter and trainer for more than 20 years. His training programs include how to hire the right staff in your recruitment business, as well as how to hire and develop researchers.
- Danny Cahill, AccordingtoDanny.com – Danny is a high-energy trainer, with a comprehensive suite of products for recruiters as well as owners. Training is available live, online, or through books, DVDs, and audio CDs.
- Glen Cathey, BooleanBlackBelt.com – Glen’s website offers a treasure trove of free recruiting and training resources on his website; he is especially knowledgeable about using Boolean search in your sourcing efforts.
- Lou Adler, Lou Adler Group – Lou has been a longtime advocate for changing the way job descriptions are written to focus on what a person DOES instead of what a person HAS. He also publishes articles regularly on LinkedIn.
- Shally Steckerl, The Sourcing Institute – Shally helps Fortune 500 brands build enterprise recruiting engines and is also the author of The Talent Sourcing and Recruitment Handbook.
- Maureen Sharib, TechTrak – Maureen is a telephone names sourcer and she’ll teach you how to effectively use the telephone, too. She also moderates some active groups on Facebook.
This is by no means a complete list. Do you have a favorite option for recruiter training? Please share in the comments below – especially if you are located outside North America. We’re always on the lookout for great recruitment trainers!