Maybe you are like me and think the best version of LinkedIn for recruiters is the LinkedIn Recruiter Professional Services (RPS) product that lists at about $5000 per seat. If you are like me, you are wrong. There is a product that has been around for a few years but was not marketed to the average independent recruiter until just recently. The product is called “LinkedIn Recruiter” or “LinkedIn Recruiter Corporate Edition” and list for upwards of $8,000 annually. How is it that so many do not know about this product? Well, I have a theory, but I’ll keep that to myself. My Mother always said, “If you can’t say something nice…”
Here are some of the many levels of service (products) available from LinkedIn and what I believe to be the list prices as of June 2013 (prices in US dollars):
- LinkedIn Basic (Free)…access to 2nd degree connections
- LinkedIn Business ($299/year)…access to 3rd degree in your network
- LinkedIn Business Plus ($479/year)…3rd degree plus more InMails
- LinkedIn Talent Basic ($479/year)…3rd degree plus better search filters and more InMails
- LinkedIn Talent Finder ($899/year)…access to 3rd degree plus groups, plus search filters and even more InMails
- LinkedIn Recruiter Professional Services (RPS) ($5000/year)…not really sure anymore…if you know please comment below…
- LinkedIn Recruiter Small Business ($4799/year)…3rd degree plus groups plus a number of “profile unlocks”
- LinkedIn Recruiter Corporate Edition ($8639/year)…225 Million profiles…the whole network!
It took me more than an hour of searching on various sites to compile this list with some relative accuracy. Here is a great link that might help you if you are a recruiter: http://www.linkedin.com/job/consumer/recruiterOnline/chooser
So here is the question…what do you think is the best version of LinkedIn for recruiters? What product are you using? Did you know there was a LinkedIn tool that gives you complete access to the full LinkedIn database? Is it any wonder that your client’s in-house recruiters are finding great talent without your assistance? Did you know that according to LinkedIn, 2/3 of the Fortune 500 are subscribing to this Recruiter Corporate Edition? Recruiters may have to pay for the full LinkedIn for Recruiters Corporate Edition in time or the clients will have better access to talent than the recruiters. Fortunately, access to names and profiles is only a part of the equation for a successful recruitment assignment. Good independent recruiters will always be in demand!