FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Veronica Blatt
Director of Corporate Communications
+1 616 871-3323
GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN, USA – August 29, 2017 – NPAworldwide, a global recruitment network, announced the results of its twice annual business barometer survey. This is a survey completed by the independent recruitment firm owners that are members of the NPAworldwide global network. Members are asked to document business results and predict future results that are representative of the independent recruitment industry.
“Member recruiters are very positive about business conditions over the last 180 days and see a continuation of positive momentum for the future,” said Dave Nerz, president of NPAworldwide. “More than 90% of the independent business owners surveyed are forecasting similar or improved market conditions in the next 180 days.”
Other results of business barometer survey of the 500 independent members of NPAworldwide indicated:
- Thirty-seven percent of survey respondents are from outside of North America.
- North America represented 63% of respondents, with the next largest respondent group from Australia/New Zealand at 16 percent of the total.
- The remaining 21% of respondents were from Asia, EMEA or LatAm.
- Just under 20% of respondents exclusively work the client side of recruiting and allow their business partners to source candidates for their client’s openings.
- Forty-seven percent reported business as improved in the last 180 days.
- Seventy-five percent reported business performance in line with or above expectations in the last 90 days…up 12 percentage point since February.
- As for the next 6 months, a full 72% of the respondents have a positive outlook for results.
- 23% of those taking the survey have seen fees increase in the last 6 months.
“Member recruitment firms view manufacturing / operations / engineering as a strong vertical market segment producing results for recruiters. Accounting / finance is also quite a hot vertical and human resources had several mentions for the first time in recent memory. Results of the business barometer survey point to increasingly positive results for independent firms working these active and positive segments,” said Nerz.
He continued, “Candidates and sourcing of passive talent versus scraping names from LinkedIn is the challenge for truly strong recruitment firms. The healthy nature of the recruitment industry has created many new firms, services and competitors for independents. The market is fully candidate-driven now. Client assignments are taking longer to fill and perfect-fit talent is difficult to locate. Most member firms and the clients they serve have multiple jobs open. The NPAworldwide split-fee model is a perfect complement to most members’ businesses and supports a speedier fill of employer’s most difficult searches.”
About NPAworldwide. NPAworldwide is a recruitment network facilitating placements between its members. The network has nearly 500 member offices across 6 continents. For more information, please visit www.npaworldwide.com or www.npaworldwideworks.com.