I like to keep abreast of news and trends impacting the recruitment industry, particularly in a rapidly changing environment. Today I want to share some of my favorite recruitment news sources with you, in no particular order:
- Recruiting Headlines – This is a curated news site from RecTechMedia with a broad range of subject matter. Topics relate to recruiting, human resources, talent acquisition, recruitment technology, and more, from a wide range of contributing sources. A free newsletter is distributed via email Monday-Friday.
- Executive Grapevine – Based in the UK, daily news for the recruitment industry including in-depth features. Executive Grapevine also has a robust social media presence. Again, a free newsletter is available and you can also create a customized content area using the myGrapevine feature.
- Manpower Group – I really appreciate the comprehensive quarterly Employment Outlook Survey from Manpower, which gives a good snapshot of hiring confidence on a global basis. While this is probably more accurately filed under “research” versus “news,” the deep data is always valuable.
- Hunt Scanlon Media – With a focus on executive search and the private equity space, some of the news here is outside my wheelhouse, but much is not. Daily headlines are available by email. Hunt Scanlon also produces a variety of in-depth reports for purchase. (Disclosure: We have an Ellipsis profile with Hunt Scanlon, and they regularly distribute our press releases.)
- OnRec – The Online Recruitment Resource, another UK-based site, publishes HR and recruitment news and distributes via a daily email newsletter.
I also follow a fair number of blogs and opinion sites, which you can see in more detail here. As NPAworldwide serves a global membership base, it’s important to get a wide variety of news and perspectives. Business cultures, customs, recruitment fees (and more!) vary around the world. I’m always on the lookout for new and reliable sources of information, so if you have a favorite source for recruitment news, please drop it in the comments!