Today’s guest blogger is Anne Downing with Demetrio & Associates, LLC located in greater Phoenix, Arizona. Demetrio & Associates is a boutique recruitment firm that has clients across the US as well as in international locations. The firm places candidates in sales & marketing, advertising, wireless and software positions. Anne is currently serving the NPAworldwide Board of Directors.
In today’s recruiting world it is important to have a great website. Your recruiting website is your brand! Your clients, potential clients and candidates all view your website. You need to make your website – your brand – stand out.
If any of the below describe your website, then NOW is the time to update your site:
- Your content is not up to date. If you have old content on your site it is a big turn off for viewers. They will most likely leave your site once they view outdated content!
- Your website is not mobile friendly. Your site MUST be optimized for mobile devices. Over 75% of job seekers use mobile devices to conduct their job search. If your site is not mobile-friendly, then you are missing out on some great candidates.
- Your site isn’t found on search engines. Potential clients have to be able to find your recruiting website on search engines. You never know who is looking to hire a new recruitment agency, and you don’t want to miss out on new business.
- Your site is unresponsive. You need to have either a specific mobile site or a responsively-designed site. This means your site is designed to provide an optimal viewing experience – easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling – across a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones).
- Your site doesn’t allow visitors to ‘share’ content. Allowing visitors to share content will keep them on your site for a longer period of time. Including visual content in addition to text is much more appealing to the eye and will entice viewers to explore your site in detail.
If any of the above describes your site, I highly recommend updating your site NOW! Don’t wait because every day you wait means you are missing out on potential business. Take the time to research the best options for your site and find a company that will build you the best site possible for your needs. Remember, potential clients and candidates are drawn to websites that are user-friendly, have great content and are mobile-optimized!