Exciting times are reportedly ahead for independent recruiting firms as the REC Jobs Outlook Survey recently reported a 9% growth in the next two years. For firms, this is a good time of the year to focus on a sector that is rapidly growing, or try to change their focus to include those industries that have hit the top of the list. For students and job seekers, a new survey from Michigan State University has reported that hiring for new graduates is expected to jump by 16% next year. This increase is due to cautious hiring demand the past couple of years that is now taking off. While most of these will not surprise you, it is a good way to stay on top of the year ahead.
1. IT. A healthy 24% of the respondents to Computerworld’s 2015 Forecast survey said that their companies plan to add more IT employees in the year ahead. These were listed as the top 10 IT skills that would be in high demand in 2015:
- Programming/application development
- Project management
- Help desk/technical support
- Security/compliance governance
- Web development
- Database administration
- Business intelligence/analytics
- Mobile applications and device management
- Big data
2. Engineering. This is an industry that will be seeking experienced candidates with more needed year after year. Highly experienced candidates are leaving due to retirement and the next generation needs to be able to fill in those gaps. Graduate recruitment for engineers will definitely experience a big drive in 2015.
3. Finance and Accounting. Clients in the financial services sectors are projecting huge increase in demand for staff. Financial analysts, area sales managers and relationship people, risk specialists and analysts as well as all of the associated IT, marketing, accounting, HR and other back-office people will all add to this sector growing in 2015.
4. Oil, Gas, and Energy. As oil becomes an even greater commodity, other forms of energy supplies will also start to develop, so specialists within the market will be at high demand with industries such as fracking and shale coming to front of the industry.
5. Life Sciences. Any industries that involve healthcare, pharmaceutical or sciences are going to also continue to see growth for years ahead because of the way the world is developing. Increases in the life span of the human race are causing more positions and more specializations to constantly pop up.
If you are looking to start expanding your recruitment firm in to another industry, a good way to do so is through help from other firms and recruiters that you can work with in a network organization.