Recruitment relies heavily on searching for talent online. While there are many benefits of this, many studies done through Forbes, The Undercover Recruiter and MediaBistro have reported many obstacles as well. Many talented candidates cannot be found online at all, or may have out of date profiles that do not accurately highlight their experience.
Qualigence put the research together to show the top 10 obstacles encountered.
- 97% of recruiters are using LinkedIn as a recruiting tool, which means many recruiters are seeing the same candidates
- 13% of Millennials have a professional profile online
- Those with low education levels are spending more time online than those with high education levels
- 27% of CEOs have LinkedIn accounts
- Only 41% of job candidates say social media has helped uncover job opportunities
- 68% of CEOs have no social media presence
- 47% of LinkedIn users aren’t active on the website
- 48% of job seekers are active on social networking
- Only 40% of executives are on social media more than one hour a week
- 50% of LinkedIn users have a “complete” profile
What is your preferred method for searching for talent? There are many great paths to utilize- put your top choices in the comments section below.