I have long considered this a great time of year to understand what kind of support clients will require from a recruitment agency in the year ahead. If I want to know if a client is planning to bring all recruiting in-house or if they will have no needs until the back half of 2014, it is so much better to know now.
I am in search of some recruitment best practices. How can a recruitment agency use this time of year as an opportunity?
- What do you do differently this time of year when engaging a client?
- What are the best questions to ask to open a client’s mind to sharing more detail with you?
- Does anyone provide a historical summary of the business and positions filled in prior years?
- Have you ever provided market data on salary levels to hiring managers in preparation for a future year?
- Have you ever built a target list of positions to be filled and dates to be filled for a future year with a client?
- Do you have clients that have a people budget, growth budget, talent acquisition budget?
- What are your favorite cost savings ideas you suggest to clients as they enter the budget season?
So do you fear this time of year or do you embrace it as an opportunity? I hope this topics gets you thinking — please share your recruitment best practice!