Facebook, Facebook, Facebook! Even more with a flawed IPO, Facebook is still a topic of conversation and debate. If you are an independent recruiter that thinks Facebook is a fad that will go away soon, my guess is that you are also big into rotary dial phones and typewritten letters. Although the peak of popularity will at some point crest, it seems that Facebook will be with us for the foreseeable future. So as an independent recruiter, perhaps with the aspiration of becoming a global recruiter, how are you using Facebook in your recruitment process?
- Add Valuable Content
- Post quality content that job seekers would find useful or relevant
- Make sure your posts for your recruiting organization include a visual
- Consider video where appropriate
- Systemize Your Use of Facebook
- Connect to other software applications to auto feed birthdays or milestone events
- Make it a routine so that it gets done on the same day every week
- If you use xobni.com integration with Outlook, it will show you who is on Facebook
- Promote Your Facebook Presence
- Promote on items that candidates will see…every email, business cards, job postings, website, letterhead, and online adverts
- Advertize where candidates gather, including in your office and reception areas. Facebook is a global phenomenon. The use of Facebook can enhance your status in a global recruiters marketplace.
- Tell and Ask
- Tell candidates and employees that your recruiting organization is on Facebook
- Ask if they are on Facebook
- Ask employees, candidates, clients and suppliers to “Like” your site
- Engage in the Conversation
- Make sure you reply to others’ comments and posts; no one likes to be ignored
- Allow/insist that your staff engage in the conversation too; people get tired of the same voice all the time
Facebook is here to stay and for independent recruiters to compete in a global recruiters marketplace every opportunity to promote your recruiting organization must be leveraged. Keep it simple, make it routine and your Facebook presence will become easy to maintain.
P.S. Please connect with NPA at http;//www.facebook.com/npaworldwide
image courtesy of etechmag.com