Today’s guest blogger is JXT, the number one provider of cloud-based digital marketing solutions for recruiters and corporate recruiters.
Many businesses emphasise on the right cultural fit. While we are so focused on finding the person with the right skills and ‘cultural fit’, we may neglect the organisation’s approach to diversity and its importance to our business.
The diversity checklist can be extensive and hard to navigate for a lot of people. As professional recruiters, it pays to understand in detail how your clients approach diversity in the workforce and what type of flexibility we can offer to candidates who may not fit in that typical “box”.
When armed with this knowledge, we can make it easier for job seekers to learn as much as they can about the opportunity and whether it may work for them before applying to the role
It also empowers us to challenge the way a client thinks about what roles ‘traditionally’ looks like and market to a wider audience by exploring alternative options:
- What if the best candidate with the right skills is looking for work flexibility due to family commitments?
- Or it could be someone tailored for that role but needed work mobility?
- How about someone who has incredible experience and is searching for a future employer that supports work-study arrangements?
- Maybe one that values an environment that considers the needs of those with restricted movement?
Work diversity and recruiting
McKinsey & Co has done research that shows companies that embrace gender diversity are 15% more likely to outperform their lesser counterparts. Even more impressive, companies that are ethnically diverse will outperform those that aren’t by 35%. This correlation indicates when companies commit to diversity, they tend to become more successful.
Statistics confirm a diverse workforce positively influence business profitability. Important to note, it is more than just balancing gender distribution. It extends to characteristics such as race, ethnicity, age, religion, ability, orientation, lifestyle arrangements, mobility and job-share options.
Integrating diversity into your recruitment
How do you brand to attract a diverse pool?
- Firstly, define what “diversity” looks like for your client
- Rebrand your marketing message (consider the language you utilise in marketing campaigns to demonstrate your approach to diversity)
- Tailor your keywords in your job adverts
- Populate your job board with the appropriate level of information
- Conduct an initial “blind screening” through instant messenger before face-to-face interviews
Next, how do you promote this to your wider audience?
- Build up diversity content on your careers page
- Use social media to spread your diversity efforts
- Develop and share content that supports work diversity
- Actively engage and interact with your following
- Contribute to social media forums that support diverse recruitment
Today’s recruiters deal with hundreds of variables when it comes to matching the right talent with the right role and business. Managing diversity just adds another variable to the equation, albeit an important one.
How well you streamline and manage your diverse talent acquisition can benefit greatly from having a simple, robust and intuitive digital ecosystem to support those actions.
Recruiters and corporate human resource win the talent acquisition race with a great digital marketing ecosystem. We work with a growing base of 800 recruiters worldwide to do exactly that by combining the best in class functions in a single robust platform for them. Our passion is helping you to create the best candidate experience. Join global brands like Adecco, Kelly, and Manpower to find out what we can create together. Find out how we can help you to hire, engage and convert the best talent for your business.