by Jason Elias
It is a truism that relationships are the key to success in economic downturns. Naturally your relationship with your NPA partners will be more important than ever; just ask Jim Sullivan who survived the 9/11 aftermath by working closely with NPA partners. Here are a few reasons why a strong recruiter network likeNPA is more important now than ever:
- Getting jobs on is getting tighter; your NPA partners are an instant source of active qualified openings.
- Developing new business is harder; your NPA partners can offer warm leads into existing clients to provide recruitment in your industry or geography.
- Pitching for business is trickier; NPA provides you with a comparative advantage over your competitors. Tell your clients you are willing to give away half your fee to help them find the right candidate.
- Business issues get complex; why not brainstorm with other owners or consultants whose experience and fresh perspective can solve your problem.
- Great candidates are coming out of the woodwork, but you may not have a role for them now. Share with your partners and convert opportunities into placementshappy candidates and clients lead to repeat business.
- You are never too old to learn; keep up your skills and brush up on the all too easily forgotten basics, with NPA’s training and webinars.
- Maintain the relationships in your recruiter network in a great collegiate atmosphere at meetings and conferences.