FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Veronica Scrimshaw
Director of Corporate Communications
+1 616 871-3323
GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN, USA – April 5, 2017 – NPAworldwide, a global recruitment network, has announced its twice-annual Business Barometer Survey results. The survey engages the boutique and independent recruiters that are members of the NPAworldwide global network in documenting past results and predicting future recruitment industry results.
“Member recruiters are very positive about business conditions over the last 180 days and see a continuation of positive momentum for the future,” said Dave Nerz, president of NPAworldwide. “More than 90% of the independent business owners surveyed are forecasting similar or improved market conditions in the next 180 days.”
Other results of this survey of the 500 independent members of NPAworldwide indicated:
- 65 percent of survey respondents are from North America.
- The second largest respondent group was from Australia/New Zealand at 21 percent of the total.
- 18% of respondents were in Asia, EMEA or Latin America.
- 47% reported business as improved in the last 180 days.
- 25% reported business as staying the same in the last 6 months.
- 28% saw a decline in business over the last 180 days.
- 63 percent reported business performance in line with or above expectations in the last 90 days.
- As for the next 6 months, only 5% of the respondents have a negative outlook.
- A large majority (86%) see fees as remaining at or above the last 6 month levels.
“Member recruitment firms view manufacturing/supply chain, technology and then accounting/finance as the hottest vertical markets at this time. The construction/infrastructure and sales areas received some support from member-owners as equally active niches. This current business barometer points to continuing positive conditions for the independent firms,” continued Nerz. “The market has certainly shifted to a candidate-driven market over the past few survey samples. Client assignments continue to be difficult and the perfect-fit candidates scarce. Member firms have more work than they are capable of filling on their own. The NPAworldwide split-fee model is a perfect complement to most members’ businesses and supports a speedier fill of employer’s job openings.”
About NPAworldwide. NPAworldwide is a recruitment network facilitating placements between its members. The network has nearly 500 member offices across 6 continents. For more information, please visit www.npaworldwide.com or www.npaworldwideworks.com.